Start: 01-10-2014 – End: 30-09-2015
Project Reference: 2014-1-ES01-KA102-002563
EC Grant: 35.261 EUR
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: VET learner and staff mobility
PARTNERS: COLG. CAMBRIA
Since the mid-eighties and throughout the nineties, the IES Calvià, is considered a public institute of reference that has come to welcome over a thousand students . Today, 27 years after its inauguration, has 983 students training cycles in middle and upper level , Administrative Management , Audio & Cycles , Financial Management , Management of Travel and accommodations and cuisine, as well as 36 teachers in training cycles .
The context of implementation of the program of internationalization of students and teachers will be held at Coleg Cambria, institution that holds in its campus a travel agency open to the public. The travel agency has as main clients students and staff faculty and administration who receive offers and discounts as part of the community of the institution.
The Coleg Cambria has an intermediate service to arrange the stay of foreign students, including excursions and English courses, three afternoons a week.
The main goal of our project of international mobility is to offer students, a total of 6 for the 2013/14 year, as well as teachers, 3, a unique experience that is an indispensable part for our students Training Cycle Administrative Management intermediate level, on a professional and curricular level, as well as cultural level, opening and deepening in the knowledge of languages.
Through the participation of our teachers in the internationalization program it will be possible to achieve the following objectives:
- Recycling and linguistic improvement according to the implementation of the program English as a teaching language in the educational field of training cycles.
- Knowledge of other educational operating systems.
- Experience in the organization and management practices in other centers .
- Open to new and different methodological practices related to the practical implementation of the curriculum.
- Expanding knowledge about the procedures applied in companies involved in the management of tourists coming to the islands from the United Kingdom, more than three million a year now.
- Students will have the chance to improve in the following curricular competencies , through taking part in the program of internationalization :
- Improving language skills in the language of the destination country.
- Organizational skills, management and processing of documents and administrative processes, as well as curricular competencies. .
- Communication and social skills, especially in relation to dealing with the public .
- Behaviors collaboration, teamwork, sociability. Respectful and trustworthy deal.
- Ability to adapt to the environment, new cultures, autonomy and motivation to learn new cultures.
- Opening, availability and adaptability to different environments, increased entrepreneurial and creative skills.
- Skill in communicative language other than mother tongue, as well as assertive and overcoming obstacles capacity.
The main activities planned for students are related to the following competencies or curricula:
- Fluency in administrative and management tasks.
- Processing bureaucracy in general.
- Maintenance of files.
- Telephone support.
- Maintaining and updating databases.
- Use the software management of the Agency.
- Fluency in the main software Excel, word, power point.
- Technologies of Communication.
The impact on local and regional level is twofold: on the one hand it is the student, through work experience abroad enhances their creativity, self-esteem, as well as decision-making capacity, which is required for develop new business ideas locally and regionally.
A quite high rate of our students specialize in administrative management encompassed in tourism companies, so in addition to the official title of our Center is greatly valued the experience in European institutions, enterprises, and a high level of knowledge language, allowing further placing tourism at the forefront of engine of economic growth of the islands and allow to employ a large percentage of the young population of the islands, which links directly to one of the eight areas of strategic action included in the Strategy on Youth of the European Union for 2020.